Defending Technical & Skill 2v2
Higham Town F.C. Coaching Resources
- 4 or more
- 10 – 15 minutes
- Area Size
- 25m / 25m
2 v 2 in the area with the defending team having a goalkeeper and the attacking team having 4 players to pass to on the outside. The attackers have to score whilst the defenders have to try and stop them. Attackers have 5 goes to try and score before defenders and attackers swap over.
- Can start with only pressure and blocking (no tackling)
- Can start with 1v1 in the middle
- Outside players can shoot
- Defending team have to play to an outside player to score a point.
- Jockeying technique
- Slow the attackers down
- Think about hwere to show the attacker (towards/away from goal/other players)
- When to win the ball (after big touch, mistake etc)
- Put high pressure on the attacker to stop them from turning and shooting
- In the penalty area / 6 year box the goakeeper has to act as a third defender and be ready to come out to claim the ball.
You cannot copy content of this page